ADA-Related Resources and Programs
Accommodations for Faculty and Staff – Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office
- This site provides forms related to the ADA Reasonable Accommodations in Employment Policy
Accommodations for Students – Accessibility Resources & Services Office
- This site includes a self-identification form and documentation upload
Adverse Weather & Emergency Closing
Alert Carolina is a safety and awareness initiative to provide communications about an emergency or situation affecting the safety and health of the campus community
Animals on Campus
- This site provides information on Assistance Animals for individuals with disabilities.
- This site provides accessibility information by facility and offers a form to request reasonable accommodations for programs and events at UNC athletic facilities.
- This in an interactive map that includes ADA accessibility and construction impact information.
- These sites provide information about accessible workout equipment and facilities.
- This site includes a confidential/protected self-service option used to self-identify a disability.
Digital Access Initiative
- This site provides information in support of accessibility of digital content, resources, and technology.
Emergency Management & Planning
Emergency Management and Planning provides prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation activities to protect UNC from the adverse effects of disaster.
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP is a confidential counseling and resource program that is designed to help University employees and their families deal with both personal and work-related concerns
Environment, Health, & Safety
Facilities Services – Campus Maintenance Request
- To submit a facilities work request to report the need for a campus repair or to report an unsafe or inaccessible condition
Faculty Serious Illness, Major Disability, and Parental Leave Policy
Fire Safety and Emergency
- This site provides information on NC Building and Fire Codes, developing evacuation procedures, and maintain fire alarm and extinguishing systems.
- Building Emergency Coordinators
Leave Programs – Family Medical Leave (FMLA) Shared Leave, Short-Term Disability Leave, etc.
- This site includes holiday schedules and information about leave for both faculty and staff.
Risk Management Services & Business Continuity
Transportation and Parking
- This site provides information on traffic, parking, and transportation around UNC’s campus. Specific web links of interest:
UNC Department Listing
- This site provides information on disability services by individual library.
- This site provides informative brochures for employees and supervisors as well as related forms and links
Work Life Programs
The University offers a variety of programs focused on healthy lifestyles and balancing the responsibilities of work and personal life.