Resources and Support
Here is a quick summary of resources that are available to the campus community. EOC can help connect you to these important support and reporting options if you or someone you know has experienced an incident.
Keep in mind that the University’s Policy prohibits a broad range of conduct, including acts that are prohibited by criminal law and those that are not. Therefore, some of the resources below may not apply to you. Choose the resources that best meet your needs following an incident.
The contact information for each of the types of resources is listed below. There are multiple options listed for each type of resource. Choose the options you feel most comfortable seeking assistance from.
- University’s Department of Public Safety (DPS) (campus police)
dps.unc.edu | 919-962-8100 (non-emergency)
DPS will inform the necessary University staff of the incident.
- Carrboro Police Department
ci.carrboro.nc.us/225/police | 919-918-7397 (non-emergency)
- Chapel Hill Police Department
townofchapelhill.org/police | 919-968-2760 (non-emergency)
- Orange County Sheriff’s Office
ocsonc.com | 919-245-2900 (non-emergency).
- Campus Health Services (for students and postdoctoral scholars)
campushealth.unc.edu | 919-966-2281 | Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm
Regardless of your gender identity, you should proceed directly to Women’s Health on the third floor of Campus Health Services (James Taylor Building).
- Emergency Department at UNC Hospitals (for employees, students, and the community)
med.unc.edu/emergmed | 919-966-4721 | 24 hours
- Gender Violence Services Coordinators (for all members of the campus community who have experienced an incident)
Cassidy Johnson | email@example.com | 919-962-1343; Holly Lovern | firstname.lastname@example.org | 919-962-7430
womenscenter.unc.edu | Monday–Friday, 9am–4pm
- University Ombuds Office (for all members of the campus community)
ombuds.unc.edu | 919-843-8204 | Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm (other times available on request)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (caps) (psychological and emotional support for students and postdoctoral scholars)
campushealth.unc.edu/caps | 919-966-3658
- ComPsych Employee Assistance Program (for employees)
guidanceresources.com | 877-314-5841 | 24 hours
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center (for employees, students, and the community)
ocrcc.org | 919-967-7273 | 24 hour hotline
- Compass Center for Women and Families (for employees, students, and the community)
compassctr.org | 919-929-7122 | 24 hour hotline
- Report and Response Coordinators (for students) in EOC
Ew Quimbaya-Winship | email@example.com | 919-843-3878; Rebecca Gibson | firstname.lastname@example.org | (919) 445-1578
- Title IX Compliance Coordinator (for all members of the campus community) in EOC
Katie Nolan | email@example.com | 919-445-1577
- Office of the Dean of Students (for students)
919-966-4042 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm
- EOC (for employees)
- Office contact information – eoc.unc.edu | 919-966-3576 | email@example.com | Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm